First off, I wanna thank Royce for letting me take over his blog. This site has been a great resource for music, and I plan to keep that resource going......but you should know off the bat that I've lived a fuller life than him, and come to this site with a suitcase full of baggage, yet baggage full of insight. So without further ado,
Formatia trans sicere educatorum! ("Enter All Ye Who Seek Knowledge".......what's hilarious is that only two people will get that reference! And they know who they are ;) )
First up today is a track from the New Moon album, which marries some of the best artists in music today to one of the greatest stories of our time. Of course, I may just be biased, if only because the Twilight saga so closely resembles my life: My current gf, whom we'll just call "Jane" for the purposes of this blog, is very much like Edward. Not just because she resembles him, but because almost everyone is against us being together. My old group of friends, much like the werewolves of the film, had an instant hatred of "Jane"(again, not her real name ;) ) & forbade me from ever seeing her. They never actually spoke those words, and I never actually told them me & Jane were dating for the first few weeks, but I knew that was the ultimatum they gave to me in their minds. Meanwhile, Jane's friends were much like the Volturi: I'd hear them hiss to her that I was not for her, but no one could stop our hearts. We came together, world be damned, and one month later, decided to move in together. That may seem rash to some people, but the heart knows when something shall last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment