So me and Jane broke up. Turns out she was never the girl she led me to believe she was, and was probably plotting against me the entire time we were together, just to break my heart, cause she was bored. Of course, she didn't put it that way when she left, but had to resort to pathetic excuses instead. She mentioned that I couldn't stop hitting on her friend.....let's call her....Amy (remember, not her real name. I need to give my friends some anonymity ;P). She said she thought it was inappropriate how I always kissed Amy hello whenever I saw her, apparently forgetting that that's how I just greet people sometimes. She also thought it was "insensitive and weird" when me & Amy decided to see "Where the Wild Things Are" at midnight Thurs night without her. But it was the Arclight, and reserving more than 2 seats at a time is expensive. When we went to reserve another the next day, the seats next to us had sold out. I guess I was just foolish for thinking a true partner would understand that...... :(. Oh well.
4 comments:
It's not "Me and Jane broke up." Remove Jane from the sentence and it would read, "Me broke up." And you would sound like Bizzarro Superman (and there would be little confusion as to why your girlfriend left you. After all she probably wants to breed one day.)
"Jane and I broke up."
"Jane broke up with me."
I broke up with Jane."
All of these are acceptable as 4th grade level english syntax.
"Me and Jane broke up is about the most moronic mangling of the language i can imagine.
Sad. I used to enjoy Shark Party.
Have some compassion, jerk. The love of my life just betrayed me. Hurt like that can't be contained in syntax. It has a grammar all its own. If you were really tough, you wouldn't have to be anonymous!
Compassion, yes. Sorry for you.
But, that doesn't explain away bad grammar. You're not implying that, if she hadn't broken up with you that you would suddenly write well, are you?
You're a writer. After all, didn't you just thank Royce for letting you "take over his blog"? I read this for music and, yes, for the character of the blog. But, you're telling me that I should have compassion for you because your girl dumped you? Okay. I feel bad for you.
Great.
That better?
Still anonymous.
Maureece Sindack?
could you have butchered his name any more?
Post a Comment